For the last four months, Regional Minister Search Committee members have been meeting with groups throughout the PSWR to listen and gather input about the Region and our future Regional Minister:
- 225 people in groups/committees of the Region were included in 23 meetings
- 375 people attended 11 Region-wide congregational listening sessions from Hawaii to Las Vegas and Bakersfield to San Diego; 60% of attendees were from our Hispanic Convención churches
- 60 responses have been received via the online survey. YOU CAN STILL PARTICIPATE! (http://www.disciplespswr.org/minister-search)
- Flyers were handed out about The Search at the National Hispanic Assembly, National African American and NAPAD Convocations to spread the word about our search on a national level
- Each church was mailed a hard copy letter encouraging people to take the on-line survey or attend a listening session
- The July and August E-Shout newsletters and Regional Facebook page included publicity about the online survey and participation in The Search process
The position description and Regional profile are being crafted based on the feedback received. They will be reviewed by a regional minister from another region, our denomination’s General Minister and President, Terri Hord Owens, and the PSWR Regional Board before the job opening is posted at the end of September 2018. If you know someone who should be considered for the position of the next PSWR Regional Minister, please give them the website above.