The following list offers available positions with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) or its affiliates. For a wider scope of available ministry positions, as well as useful resources for Christian vocations, please visit the Disciples Home Missions website.
All Peoples Christian Church
All Peoples Christian Church in Los Angeles is seeking a part-time music director for Sunday morning worship. Responsibilities include weekly music leadership, periodic accompanying of soloists, and seasonal choral directing. Download full position description here. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN'S MINISTRIES
First Christian Church, Burbank
The Director of Children’s Ministry will develop a program of Christian education that will lead the children in worship and encourage Christian discipleship. The Director of Children’s Ministries will plan, coordinate, and implement an age appropriate Christian education program for the following groups: Nursery 0-3 years old, Pre-school 4-6 years old, and Grades 1-5. As an employee of the First Christian Church under general supervision of the Pastor, the Director of Children’s Ministries is a part-time, permanent position.
Download more information here. Posted 6/7/17
MINISTER OF FAITH FORMATION (ASSOCIATE MINISTER)
First Christian Church, Las Vegas
The Minister of Faith Formation will report to the Senior Minister and will:
- Recruit volunteers and provide leadership training to the various Faith Formation Ministries that enrich the faith of children, youth, and adults, including adult Sunday school classes, VBS, Worship and Wonder, and youth ministries.
- Oversee all education programs offered during the church school hour and midweek.
- Research, publicize, and encourage opportunities for continuing adult theological education.
- Administrate, lead, and grow an outstanding Youth Ministry.
- Cultivate a culture of invitation among our college, youth, and children’s ministries at First Christian Church.
- Support the summer camps and conference programs of the Christian Church in the Pacific Southwest Region.
- Ensure appropriate background checks & complete files per Child Protection Policy for all staff and volunteers.
- Participate fully in the whole ministry of the church, including worship leadership, planning, and strengthening congregational life; serve as clergy worship leader and preach as assigned by the Senior Minister.
- Participate in ministries of visitation, baptisms, weddings, funerals, memorial services, and bereavement support in collaboration with other ministers.
- Participate in budget preparation with ministry teams and monitor budgeted expenses.
- Communicate regularly with the congregation by way of print and other media.
Download more information here. Posted 6/4/17
URBAN INCLUSIVE MINISTRY ASSISTANT OPPORTUNITY
North Long Beach Christian Church
Long Beach, California
Reverend Heather Miner, pastor of North Long Beach Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), seeks a Ministry Assistant to help support community outreach, a new children and youth ministry, and community life in the church. We are a progressive and evangelical church, which welcomes people wherever they are on life’s journey. That one would put Christ first in their lives is our only requirement for membership. The ideal candidate will be willing to learn, willing to try new things in conversation with the pastor, enjoy creating new relationships, be a supportive presence in and out of worship, and be willing to invite people into a relationship with Jesus. Ability to make videos is a plus. Must be 18 years old or older and will be subject to a background check.
Hours: Sundays, 10 – 1; Fridays, 2 – 6 p.m. (staff meeting 2:00)
Friday Nights or Saturdays, 5 hours, according to a monthly schedule; flexible.
Pay: $14/hour for up to 48 hours/month.
Interested? Please send a cover letter and resume to Reverend Heather Miner at admin@nlbcc, subject Ministry Assistant