The following list offers available positions with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) or its affiliates. For a wider scope of available ministry positions, as well as useful resources for Christian vocations, please visit the Disciples Home Missions website.
Minister of Faith Formation
Manhattan Beach Community Church
Manahattan Beach Community Church is seeking a Minister of Faith Formation to lead our Faith Formation programs for children and youth. This is a non-called, full-time program staff position (with benefits) and is supervised by the Senior Minister. The Minister of Faith Formation is responsible for planning and coordinating the weekly Sunday School program for children ages pre-K through High School. The Minister will work closely with the Board of Christian Education to select curriculum, recruit teachers, and plan family events. In addition, the Minister will coordinate and co-teach the bi-annual Confirmation program and coordinate the annual Summer Vacation Bible School. Administrative responsibilities of the position include supervising three part-time employees (two nursery workers and a Sunday School Assistant), as well as coordinating compliance with the church’s Safe Church Policy. The ideal candidate for the position will have a bachelor’s degree or higher, experience working with children in an educational setting, as well as a demonstrated ability to coordinate programming.
Download a complete job description here. Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume with references to the search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, questions should be directed to the committee Chair, Kristen McCann at the same e-mail address.
Manhattan Beach Community Church is a member church of the Southern California-Nevada Conference of the United Church of Christ, located in the South Bay of Los Angeles, in the city of Manhattan Beach. You can learn more about our congregation on our website at www.mbccucc.org. Our mission statement is:
“We are an inclusive Christian church that equips each generation, through spiritual growth and fellowship, to serve the South Bay.”
Contract General Assembly Worship Coordinator
Timeframe: March 2018 – July 2019
Scope of work
Takes primary responsibility for final production of the worship and business programs of the General Assembly. Coordinates production aspects of evening worship, business sessions, rehearsals and all activity that happens in the plenary hall. Works in conjunction with the OGMP staff, Local Arrangements Committee, and Worship Committee. Reports to the Vice President for Operations.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to:
· Serves as producer/director for each worship and business session, ensuring high production value in visual and audio projection so that the message of the ministry is clearly and effectively communicated
· Oversees preliminary and onsite production of General Assembly plenary hall program, including supervision of production staff
· Meets with the worship committee and provides support to ensure that their work is documented and executed on stage.
· Works in conjunction with teleproduction company, Initial Production Group (IPG), to make decisions with regard to the stage, lighting, sound, room setup, etc.
· Works directly with the music coordinator to ensure that music is delivered as contracted.
· Writes technical manuals for coordination of sound, lighting, and video in consultation with the production company.
· Works with the production company to coordinate the production and technical support of the Assembly.
· Prepares script books for everyone who appears on stage.
· Schedules rehearsals with necessary program/worship participants, paying close attention to budget constraints and plenary stage use.
· Works in coordination with OGMP staff on technical production of business sessions.
· Coordinates hospitality for events and activities occurring in the plenary hall.
· Coordinates oversight of the green room.
· Manages stage managers and hall designer.
· Manages and communicates directly with local volunteers (ushers, communion/deaconate, etc.)
· Interface with General Assembly logistics.
· Requests and manages receipt of media from ministry partners and presenters assuring technical specifications have been met before show time.
· Works with the production company and convention center to ensure all safety needs are met and required permits are obtained.
· Obtains all licensing required to cover music, video, and any other copyrighted material.
· Contracts needed services for web streaming
· Coordinates services such as language translation, CART services, and hearing assistance.
Process: Persons desiring more information or to be considered for this position should contact Sharon Coleman, Vice-President for Operations
Office of the General Minister and President, Phone: 317-713-2405 or Fax: 317-713-2417 or email@example.com